Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Journey Can Be Yours

Today I have decided to write my weight loss journey. Some will come, some will get lost but please follow me on my journey. March 9, 2013.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Today I decide I can eat less. Sounds noble, yes? It's not as tough as it sounds. Relying on God for reassurance, "You can do this, I promise" (Philippians 4:13 Paraphrased by me.)
"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13b NIV).
"Therefore lets look forward and forget all that lay behind, pressing on toward the mark God is leading me to accomplish." More Philippians.
I eat because the clock on the wall tells me it's time. I must stop this rhetoric with my self. I must say the "right' things, "think" the right things and change old habitual thoughts to  new.
Most people know the do's and don't of good eating habits. It is just a matter of following them. Most people can lose a few pounds only to regain them. Keeping it off is another matter. And that is my strategy today. Learning to walk the walk and talk the talk of good eating habits and sticking with it.
I am also reading a devotional book, "Unglued" by Lysa Terkeurst. Follow me on my journey:

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right, hand and sys to you, Do not fear; I will help you." ISAIAH 41:13.
Like Lysa, "I feel broken. I vow to do better at 8:14 a.m. and 3:37p.m. and 9:04 p.m." Various times of the day we are worn down from daily activities. We may think this is not the right time. It's now or never. Jesus promised to remove our sins as far as the east is from the west. And we CAN say now is the time.
Please help me, Lord be lifted up in my hour of need. I'm reminded of the hymn, "Lord Lift Me Up To Higher Ground."


No comments: