Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Knee Replacement Surgery

Well, it's been a trying time for me and my husband. After about three to five years of limping every time I walked, I made the big decision: Knee surgery.

I knew it would be tough, but endurance is not one of my better suites. It is difficult to have that nagging pain. Not too much pain to deal with, just enough to aggravate the tar out of someone.

Well, I shouldn't complain. My husband has the worst part of it as care-giver. He was always faithful to tend to my every need. He deserves a lot of stars in his crown for this one.
He was always cheerful and ready to serve whatever I needed.

We had this machine that exercised my knee automatically. It weight about 8 to 10 pounds. My leg would get tired being raised all the time, so I would ask him to take it down every so often. I just know it was trouble. But, I hurt.

So here is my tribute to Tommy Stuart:
Thank you for all the hard work you do. Learning to be a house-husband and nurse-maid to me. Cooking, washing dishes, laundry, giving medications, changing sheets on the bed and numerous other chores you never complained about doing.

Today you finally got to work in your garden (not the virtual one). I am so proud of you and hope you keep your sense of humor always.