Monday, December 27, 2010

Dieting Obsession

Well, I've come to the big fork in the road, again, so-to-speak. Will I lose weight or won't I? It's a big decision. There are so many "rules of engagement". So many ways people advise others about weight loss.

One thing for sure: it takes a lot of thought. Do you want to become "obsessed" with food? For most the answer is a resounding "no". Sometimes in the past that is what it has become for me. In the past exercise also has become an obsession in order to lose weight. Therefore I spent most of my day obsessed with weight loss. It's not fun and almost became an illness.

So, I read a book called, "Seven Secrets of Slim People" by Vikki Hanson, M.S.W. and Shawn Goodman. Most of the information people know just because the information has been around a long time. There are some good points to ponder.

I'm going to try a new approach. "Eat sensibly and in moderation and walk regularly." Especially since my family Dr. has advised me to lose at least 10 pounds. My knee dr. has advised that I exercise my "new" knee. I hope very much these people know what they are talking about. I'll let you know in a few months how that turned out.




No comments: