“7 Weight Loss Tips That Will Enrich Your Life”
With the Lord’s help, and reading many books on the subject of weight loss, I was able to lose 40 pounds in 6 months. By incorporating the Bible with some good advise from worthwhile people you too can learn some hints to keep the weight off once you commit to doing so. Some of the verses will probably be familiar, some new to you. All scripture is worth learning. I just praise the Lord for being kind to me. The first scripture is probably familiar and can be used throughout each hint. Proverbs 3:6 in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)
1. KNOWING WHEN YOU ARE FULL. Gwen Shamblin’s “Weigh Down Diet” says gauge your fullness as if you had a tank of gas from ‘e’ being empty to f being full. Combining this with hint with no. 3 you should be able to tell the difference between full and stuffed.
2. KOWING WHEN YOU ARE EMPTY. Most people eat because the old clock on the wall says to. Have you ever waited to see if you were “hungry”? This is America there are food establishments on the next street corner. You will not go hungry if you don’t eat at 12 noon on the dot.
3. EAT SLOWLY. It sounds like a myth but it really does work. Dr. Phil Mac Graw in his “Ultimate Weight Loss Solutions” says it takes 20 minutes for the message to go from your stomach to your brain when you are full. Put your fork down between bites. Our life styles don’t always advocate it. Take all 30 minutes of your lunch break if that’s all you have. It’s better than taking 10 minutes to “stuff” yourself with what you really aren’t hungry for anyway. Matthew 17:20b if you have faith as small as a mustard seed……..nothing will be impossible for you.(NIV)
4. WHERE YOU EAT. TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) advocates eating at the table instead of in front of the tv. This will keep you from “mindless” eating and make you more aware of not overeating.
5. DEVELOP GOOD EATING HABITS. Try each step for a week. It will make a difference. In a month you should lose from 5 to 8 pounds.
6. EATING OUT. You can eat your favorite foods. Just ask for a to-go box before you start your meal and leave half of it on your plate. I have taken leftovers and used them for the evening meal. You can microwave for one minute and place them in a toaster oven for 5 minutes and it is as crispy and tasty as when you first ordered it. If you finish before your friends, just sit back and enjoy the dinner conversation. You can even enjoy a cup of coffee during that time.The “E” word
7. EXERCISE. Don’t be intimidated. You don’t have to be a gymnast. Start by walking for 10 minutes a day if that’s all you can walk and work up slowly to 20 minutes a day. This one is difficult for me but, I try very hard to do something 20 minutes 2 times a week. If you have time just exercise 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon I am able to know I am trying my best. Isaiah 40:31b you shall walk and not grow weary you shall run and not faint. (NIV)